Simple to make, tasty to eat!
serves 6 ( 2 points+)
- ½ c. boiling water
- ¼ c. sun dried tomatoes, julienne cut ( not packed in oil)
- 1 tsp. chopped, fresh thyme
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. Hungarian sweet paprika
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
- 2 large red bell peppers, cut into ¼ inch strips
- 1 large yellow bell pepper, cut into ¼ inch strips
- 2 small yellow squash, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced ( about 1 c.)
- 1 medium yellow onion, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced
- 2 tsp. olive oil, divided
- 1 c. fresh bread crumbs ( any kind of white bread)
- 2 T. grated Parmesan cheese
Combine boiling water with sun dried tomatoes. Let stand for 20 minutes. Drain.
In a large bowl, combine tomatoes with the next 8 ingredients ( through yellow squash). Drizzle with 1 tsp. olive oil and toss to coat.
Transfer pepper mixture to an 11 x 7 inch baking dish coated with nonstick spray.
Bake at 400 degrees for 45 minutes or until vegetables are tender, stirring once.
Place bread in a food processor and process until crumbs form. Measure out 1 c. bread crumbs and combine with remaining 1 tsp. olive oil and 2 T. Parmesan cheese. Sprinkle over pepper mixture.
Bake for an additional15-20 minutes or until bread crumbs are golden brown.