Thursday, June 28, 2012

Melon Salad with Prosciutto






I love watermelon in the summer. I also love prosciutto, so to combine them in one recipe was amazing! 
I know that I love each salad that I make, but this one is perfect for summer! You can try this salad for a nice, refreshing lunch too.


serves 4 ( 5 points +)

  • 2 c, chopped, seeded watermelon
  • 2 c. chopped honeydew melon
  • ⅓ c. thinly sliced red onion
  • 2 ripe nectarines, pitted and sliced
  • ¼ tsp. salt
  • 3 T. fresh lemon juice
  • 2 T. olive oil
  • 1-½ T. honey
  • 4 c. arugula
  • ¼ c. fresh mint leaves, chopped
  • 3 oz. prosciutto, very thinly sliced
  • ½ oz. Parmesan cheese, shaved



Combine the first 4 ingredients; sprinkle with salt,
Combine juice, oil and honey, stirring well. Drizzle over fruit mixture and toss gently.
Arrange 1 c. arugula and 1 T. mint on each of 4 plates; Top each serving with about 1-¾ c. fruit; Divided prosciutto evenly among plates; top evenly with cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from people who visit my blog! Let me know that you stopped by and let me know if you try a recipe!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...