Another nice alternative for a meatless meal that is healthy, delicious and filling! This recipe is adapted from a recipe I saw on Pinterest.
serves 8 ( 6 points +)
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed small
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 c. red onion, chopped
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1 T. chili powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 can ( 15 oz) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 c. low-fat shredded cheddar
- 8 large La Tortilla Factory whole wheat tortillas ( burrito size)
Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
In a large bowl, toss veggies with olive oil and spices. Place on a baking sheet and bake for 25 minutes, turning once, or until veggies are tender. Cool.
Add black beans, cilantro and cheese to veggie mixture, stirring gently to combine.
Place equal amounts of sweet potato mixture down the center of each tortilla. Fold sides in and then roll. Place seam side down on a baking sheet coated with nonstick spray.
Spray burritos with nonstick spray. Bake for 15 minutes or until heated through.