Try this amazing sandwich for a satisfying dinner. Pair it with something lower in points like green beans, soup or a nice salad.
serves 4 ( 12 points +)
- 12 oz. ciabatta bread
- 12 oz. boneless, skinless chicken breast
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 T. reduced-fat pesto sauce
- 4 oz. fresh mozzarella, sliced
- 1 medium plum tomato, sliced
- 1 roasted red bell pepper, sliced
Cut ciabatta in four equal pieces, then cut each piece open horizontally.
Season chicken with salt and pepper. Heat a large nonstick skillet coated with spray. Cook chicken until no longer pink. Slice chicken thinly.
Spread 1 T. pesto sauce on each sandwich. top with mozzarella, chicken, tomato and red pepper.
Cook on a panini maker or grill in a frying pan with a heavy object on top of the sandwich to slightly flatten.