These mini Bruschetta Tarts are an amazing hors de ouvres. You will not believe they are only one point each!
serves 20 ( 1 point +)
- 1-1/2 c. seeded, finely diced plum tomatoes
- 1/4 c. finely chopped red onion
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 2 tsp. champagne or white wine vinegar
- salt, pepper and basil to taste
- 5 tsp. parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Combine tomatoes, onion, oil, vinegar, salt, and pepper in a medium bowl.
Roll out puff pastry on a lightly floured surface. Using a 2-1/2 inch biscuit cutter, cut 20 circles. You may have to re-roll dough to get enough circles.
Place dough circles on a baking sheet. Sprinkle each circle with 1/4 tsp. Parmesan cheese. Top with tomato mixture and sprinkle with basil.
Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden.