Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Fresh Tomato, Sausage and Romano Pasta




This one is a keeper!


Fresh Tomato, Sausage, and Romano Pasta: Serves 6 (8 points + )



  • 8 oz. uncooked penne pasta
  • 8 oz. sweet Italian sausage
  • 2 tsp. olive oil
  • 1 c. vertically sliced onion
  • 2 tsp. minced garlic
  • 1-1/4 lbs. tomatoes, chopped
  • 6 T. fresh Romano Cheese, divided
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • 1/4 c. torn fresh basil leaves



Cook pasta according to package directions omitting salt and fat. Drain.
Heat a large nonstick skillet. Add oil to pan. Remove sausage from casings and add to pan, stirring to break up sausage. Add onion to the pan. Cook until onion is tender and sausage is cooked through. Add garlic to pan and cook 2 minutes. Add tomatoes to pan and cook 2-4 minutes. Add 2 T. fresh Romano cheese to the pan. Remove from heat. Stir in pasta, salt, pepper, remaining cheese and torn basil leaves.

2 comments:

  1. I made this tonight. I followed the directions except I used parmesan instead of romano and added a zucchini. We all loved it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Heather!
      Glad you liked it. I have made this dish several times. I alternate between Romano and Parmesan depending on what I have on hand. I love the idea of adding zucchini too!

      Delete

I love hearing from people who visit my blog! Let me know that you stopped by and let me know if you try a recipe!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...