Thursday, July 29, 2010

Tres Leche Cake




This dessert is a perfect ending to a Mexican meal. I think it is my niece, Alyssa's, new favorite! It is very similar to my coconut cake, but with three milks and no coconut. If you like a moist cake, this is it! Make sure you have people over or neighbors to share with, because you do not want to be tempted to eat the whole pan. It is that good! You can also decide the serving size. This recipe was modified from "General Mills"

serves 24 ( 5 points +)


  • 1 box Pillsbury yellow cake mix
  • 1-1/4 c. water
  • 1 T. canola oil
  • 2 tsp. vanilla
  • 2 whole eggs
  • 3 egg whites
  • 1 can ( 14 oz) fat free sweetened condensed milk
  • 1 can ( 12 oz) fat free evaporated milk
  • 1/2 c. skim milk
  • 8 oz. Cool Whip Free

Heat oven to 350 and spray a 13 x 9 pan with cooking spray.
Mix cake mix, water, oil, vanilla and eggs on high for 2 minutes. Transfer to prepared pan and bake 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes.
Poke holes in the top of the cake with a fork or wooden skewer, wiping fork occasionally to reduce sticking.
In a medium bowl, stir together condensed milk, evaporated milk and skim milk until well blended. Slowly pour evenly over the top of the cake. Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour or until mixture is absorbed into cake. Top with Cool Whip and refrigerate until serving. This cake is best served cold.

1 comment:

  1. I love tres leches! I might have to try this out in the fall :)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from people who visit my blog! Let me know that you stopped by and let me know if you try a recipe!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...