from Taste of Home's "Healthy Cooking"
Baked Blueberry and Peach Oatmeal: serves 9 (5 points +)
- 3 c. oats ( either old fashioned or quick rolled)
- 1/2 c. packed brown sugar
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 2 egg whites
- 1 egg
- 1-1/4 c. skim milk
- 1/4 c. canola oil
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 can ( 15 oz) sliced peaches in juice, drained and chopped
- 1 c. fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1/3 c. walnuts, chopped ( optional... if you use them, add 1 point)
In a large bowl, combine the oats, brown sugar, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. Whisk the egg whites, egg, milk, oil and vanilla; add to try ingredients and stir until blended. Let stand for 5 minutes. Stir in peaches and blueberries. Transfer to an 11x7 pan coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with walnuts ( if desired) Bake, uncovered at 350 for 35-40 minutes or until top is lightly browned.