Friday, July 16, 2010

Southwestern Black Bean Salad

This comes from "Weight Watchers Complete" cookbook
This is my favorite black bean salad. Use it as a side dish or as a topping for tortilla chips!


Southwestern Black Bean Salad: serves 4 (4 points +)



  • 1 can ( 16 oz) black beans, rinsed and drained
  • 1/2 c. corn kernels, thawed
  • 1 c. diced roasted red pepper
  • 1/2 red onion, finely chopped
  • 1/2 c. chopped, fresh cilantro
  • 1 jalepeno, seeded and diced
  • 4 tsp. fresh lime juice
  • 4 tsp. olive oil
  • 2 garlic cloves, minced
  • salt and pepper to taste



In a large mixing bowl, combine all of the ingredients; toss to combine. Let stand at room temperature until the flavors are blended, about 1 hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from people who visit my blog! Let me know that you stopped by and let me know if you try a recipe!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...