Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Peanut Ice-Cream Cake

shown before caramel sauce was added
I love to make ice-cream cakes in the summer. I usually make an Oreo crust topped with hot fudge and ice-cream. I decided to change it up a little this time. My husband thought this tasted like the "Peanut Buster Parfait" from Dairy Queen.

( 24 servings = 6 points +)


  • 1 ( 9 oz) package Nabisco Famous Chocolate Wafer Cookies, crushed
  • 1/3 c. light stick butter, melted ( I like Land O' Lakes)
  • 1.5 quart sized container low- fat slow churned Edy's vanilla ice-cream
  • 1/2 c. salted peanuts, chopped

Chocolate Sauce:

  • 1 can ( 14 oz) fat-free sweetened condensed milk
  • 4 squares ( 1 oz. each) semisweet chocolate, chopped
  • 2 T. light stick butter
  • 1 tsp. vanilla
  • 1 jar ( 12 oz) caramel ice-cream topping

Mix crushed wafer cookies with butter and press into the bottom of a 13 x 9 pan. Top with softened ice-cream. Sprinkle with peanuts. Cover and freeze for 1 hour.

For sauce, combine condensed milk, chocolate and butter in a saucepan. Cook until chocolate is melted. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla. Cool.
Spread chocolate sauce over ice cream. Cover and freeze for 2 hours or until firm. Remove from freezer 10 minutes before serving.


adapted from "Healthy Cooking"

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from people who visit my blog! Let me know that you stopped by and let me know if you try a recipe!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...