This salad is awesome. No-one would ever know it was light!
serves 12 (6 points +)
- 1 box Jiffy corn muffin mix
- 1 egg
- 1/3 c. skim milk
- 1 can diced green chilies ( 4 oz)
- 1/8 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/8 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 c. Miracle Whip Free or Fat Free Mayonnaise
- 1 c. fat free sour cream ( Breakstone's)
- 1 package dry Ranch dressing mix
- 1 can ( 15 oz) pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can ( 15 oz) whole kernel corn, drained
- 3 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 c. green pepper, chopped
- 1 c. green onions or chives, chopped
- 10 reduced fat bacon strips, cooked crisp
- 1 c. shredded reduced fat cheddar cheese
Mix corn muffin mix with egg, milk, green chilies, cumin and oregano. Place in an 8" pan coated with cooking spray and bake at 400 degrees for 15-20 minutes. Cool.
In a small bowl, combine mayo, sour cream and Ranch dressing mix; set aside.
Crumble half of the cornbread into the bottom of a 13 x 9 pan. Mix beans with corn and place half over the cornbread in the pan. Top with half of the mayo mixture, tomatoes, green onions, bacon and cheese. Repeat layers. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours before serving.