Friday, July 2, 2010

Muhammara


Muhammara is a Syrian Red Pepper -Walnut Dip. I found this recipe on "Englightened Cooking" www.enlightenedcooking.com and have lightened it a bit more. Serve with Weight Watchers pita, sprayed with butter flavored cooking spray, sprinkled with salt and baked in the oven until crisp. You can also serve this dip with fresh veggies or use as a sandwich spread. One tablespoon would only be 1 point!

Serves 8 ( 3T. = 3 points)

1 ( 12 oz) jar roasted red peppers, drained
1/2 c. chopped walnuts
1/3 c. Panko Japanese breadcrumbs
2 T. olive oil
1 T. fresh lemon juice
1 T. honey
4 garlic cloves, minced
1 tsp. ground cumin
1/8 - 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper.

Place all ingredients in a food processor and process until coarse puree forms. Season to taste with salt.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from people who visit my blog! Let me know that you stopped by and let me know if you try a recipe!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...