Friday, July 2, 2010

Souper Chili

This is our family's all-time FAVORITE chili! I love to serve this with "Aunt Til's Cornbread" and a salad.


Souper Chili: Serves 12 ( 1 c = 7 points +)



  • 2 lbs. extra lean ground beef or ground turkey, browned and drained
  • 1 can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
  • 1 can pinto beans, rinsed and drained
  • 1 can hot chili beans, undrained
  • 1 can mild chili beans, undrained ( Bush's makes great chili beans in hot and mild)
  • 1 can ( 8 oz) tomato sauce
  • 1 can ( 14 oz) diced tomatoes, undrained
  • 1 c. salsa
  • 2 T. chili powder
  • 1/4 tsp. ground cayenne pepper
  • 1 can Campbell's Healthy Request Cream of Mushroom Soup
  • 8 oz (2%) light Velveeta, cubed



Place browned beef with remaining ingredients through soup in a large nonstick pot. Cover and simmer 30 minutes. Stir in cheese cubes and cook until melted.
This recipe goes great with corn bread and a salad.

2 comments:

  1. I wanted to let you know that I made this last night (and posted a link on my blog to your recipe) and it was REALLY wonderful! Such a big hit and everyone loved it--even the kids!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you liked it. It is our family's favorite too!

      Delete

I love hearing from people who visit my blog! Let me know that you stopped by and let me know if you try a recipe!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...