Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Turtles




Turtles: My niece, Alyssa's, all-time favorite!

30 Kraft caramels
1/4 c. heavy whipping cream
1 stick margarine
1 c. powdered sugar
1 c. finely ground pecans
pecan halves
1 package chocolate almond bark

( an extra bag of powdered sugar will be needed)

Melt caramels and whipping cream in the microwave. Stir until smooth. Add margarine and stir until melted. Stir in powdered sugar and ground pecans.
Line some baking sheets with wax paper and cover with a thick layer of powdered sugar. This will keep the turtles from sticking.

Drop caramel mixture my spoonfuls onto powdered sugar lined cookie sheets. Stick pecans in ends or whereever the caramel is spreading out of control.
Freeze for 1 hour.
Melt almond bark in the microwave. Remove 1 tray of turtles from the freezer at a time.
Place sheets of wax paper on counter or table. Dip turtles in chocolate and place on wax paper until hardened.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from people who visit my blog! Let me know that you stopped by and let me know if you try a recipe!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...