Thursday, July 8, 2010

Swedish Butter Cookies



Swedish Butter Cookies: Makes 72 (1 point)
Another old family favorite. They melt in your mouth... I have made these for years!

3/4 c. butter
1/3 c. sugar
1 egg yolk
1 tsp. vanilla
2 c. flour
1/4 c. red current jelly ( you may not use all)
1/2 c. powdered sugar ( you may not use all)
milk

Cream together butter and sugar. Add egg yolk and beat well. Add vanilla, then flour. Beat well. Roll into logs. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours. Cut logs into small sections approx. 1/4" thick. Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Dab current jelly on each cookie. Bake at 350 for 8-10 minutes. Cook completely.
Mix powdered sugar with a small amount of milk to make a drizzling consistency. Drizzle over cookies.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from people who visit my blog! Let me know that you stopped by and let me know if you try a recipe!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...