This is great for using up those fresh summer veggies!Eggplant, Zucchini and Tomato Tian: serves 6 ( 5 points +)
- 1 lb eggplant, sliced 1/4" thick
- 1 lb. zucchini, sliced 1/4 " thick
- 1 lb. beefsteak tomatoes, seeded and sliced 1/4" thick
- 1-1/2 T. olive oil, divided
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 oz. French bread baguette
- 1 c. grated fresh Parmesan
- 2 tsp. dried parsley
- 1/2 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp. dried thyme
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 c. fat-free chicken broth
Preheat oven to 375
Arrange eggplant and zucchini in a single layer on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Spray vegetables. Bake for 15 minutes.
Arrange half of eggplant in a single layer in an 11 x 7" baking dish coated with cooking spray. Top with half of zucchini and half of tomatoes. Drizzle with 2-1/4 tsp. oil over vegetables. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Place bread in a food processor; process until crumbs are fine. Add cheese and next four ingredients. Process until combined. Sprinkle half of bread mixture over vegetables. Repeat layers with remaining vegetables, oil, salt and pepper and bread crumb mixture. Pour broth over top. Bake for 1 hour or until vegetables are tender and topping is browned.