Monday, July 12, 2010

Slow Cooked Southwest Chicken

from Taste of Home's "Healthy Cooking"


Slow Cooked Southwest Chicken: serves 6 (1 c. chicken mixture with 1/2 c. rice = 8 points +)



  • 2 cans ( 15 oz each) black beans, rinsed and drained
  • 1 can ( 14.5 oz) FF chicken broth
  • 1 can ( 14.5 oz) Diced tomatoes with green chilies
  • 1/2 lb. boneless skinless chicken breast
  • 1 jar ( 8 oz) chunky salsa
  • 1 c. frozen corn
  • 1 tsp. ground cumin
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • 3 c. hot cooked brown Minute Rice 



Place all ingredients except rice in a crock pot. Cook on low for 6-8 hours or until chicken is fork tender and shreds easily. I put frozen chicken in and cooked for about 7 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from people who visit my blog! Let me know that you stopped by and let me know if you try a recipe!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...