This is a fun, easy recipe. Boil your potatoes ahead of time and it will take no time at all to grill these kabobs! We had these with green beans, cantaloupe and some fresh Italian bread.
serves 12 ( 2 kabobs = 4 points +)
- 1-1/2 lbs. sirloin steak, cut into 1/4 " strips ( at least 48 strips)
- 1-1/2 lbs. baby red potatoes, boiled until almost done, cooled and cut into wedges ( 48 total wedges)
- 1 small green pepper, cut
- 1 small red bell pepper,cut
- 1 small yellow bell pepper, cut
- 1 onion, cut into wedges
- 1/2 c. A-1 steak sauce
- 1/2 c. BBQ sauce ( I love Sweet Baby Ray's)
- 24 grape or cherry tomatoes
- 24 ( 10") wooden skewers, soaked in water for at least 30 minutes
Thread one strip of steak, accordian style onto the skewer. Follow with a potato, then a one of each color pepper, then an onion wedge, then another potato, then another steak strip. Top off with a grape tomato. Repeat with remaining skewers. Place all skewers in a large baking dish.
Combine A-1 steak sauce with BBQ sauce. Pour 2/3 c. BBQ mixture over skewers and turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
Heat grill and spray with cooking spray. Cook until beef is desired doneness, baste with remaining BBQ mixture or use as a dipping sauce.