One of the easiest and tastiest soups I have ever made!
Tortilla Chicken Soup: serves 4 (5 points +)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1-1/2 T. chili powder
- 2 tsp. ground cumin
- 4 c. FF chicken broth ( 32 oz. box)
- 1-1/2 c. chopped, cooked chicken breast from a rotisserie chicken
- 1 c. frozen corn, thawed
- 1 ( 10 oz) can diced tomatoes with green chilies ( such as Rotel)
- Juice of one lime ( at least 1 T.)
- 1 c. baked tortilla chips, crushed
- 1/4 c. reduced fat colby Jack cheese
- 1/4 c. chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/2 c. diced, peeled avocado
Spray a large saucepan with cooking spray. Add the chili powder, garlic and cumin. Cook 1 minute.
Add the broth, chicken, corn and tomatoes with their juices. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes. Stir in lime juice and season with salt to taste.
Ladle into 4 bowls ( at least 1-1/2 c. servings) Top each with chips, 1 T. cheese, avocado and cilantro.