Thursday, July 8, 2010

Cherry Pie Cups

I made this one for my dad who is diabetic. He loved it!

Cherry Pie Cups: serves 8 (4 points)

2 cans ( 20 oz) no sugar added cherry pie filling
1 roll refrigerated pie crust
1 egg white
1T. water
coarse sugar ( turbinado)
Cool Whip Free

Divide pie filling evenly among 8 ramekins. Bake in a 450 degree oven for 20-30 minutes or until bubbly.

Unroll dough from package and roll a little larger. Cut strips 1/2" wide with a pizza cutter. Make into a lattice pattern. Mix 1 egg white with 1 T. water and brush over crust. Sprinkle with coarse sugar. With a floured 2" biscuit cutter, cut out 16 circles ( cookies) Place on an ungreased baking sheet and bake at 450 for 8-10 minutes or until golden.

Place 2 cookies in each cup and top with a dollop of Cool Whip

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from people who visit my blog! Let me know that you stopped by and let me know if you try a recipe!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...