Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Chicken Pasta Salad with Fruit


This is another old family favorite. I love this salad in the summer. The serving size is near 2 c. for 8 points. If you want less points, have 1 c. for 4 points. I occasionally sprinkle this salad with sliced almonds, too.
I like to serve this with a nice muffin or scone.

serves 8 ( 8 points)

2 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breast, cooked and cubed
16 oz. uncooked medium shell pasta
2 c. red grapes ( if large, then halve)
1 ( 15 oz) can pineapple tidbits in juice, drained
1 (11 oz) can mandarin oranges in juice, drained
salt, pepper, garlic powder to taste
1 c. Miracle Whip Free

Cook pasta; drain and rinse in cold water.
In a large bowl, combine pasta, chicken, fruit and seasonings. Stir in Miracle Whip. You may have to toss by hand. The juice from the fruit with thin the Miracle Whip. Cover and chill unless serving immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from people who visit my blog! Let me know that you stopped by and let me know if you try a recipe!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...